That’s pretty awesome if you ask me.
I also find it fascinating all of the amazing things our bodies can do. Everything from sports to eating is done because our bodies are built to support those activities.
This month we’re going to explore the human body through writing. We’ll use our imagination, test our knowledge, and just have fun as we take on our wonderful anatomy.
Get ready to start writing! You know you need your body to do that too, right.
Human Body Writing Prompts
- Think about what your life would be like if you didn’t have fingers. Some people already go through life without them. How would your life be different? What kinds of tools might you use to do the tasks you already do now with your fingers?
- What would it be like if humans breathed through gills instead of lungs?
- If you could absorb your food through your skin instead of eating it like you do now, would you do it? Why or why not?
- What kind of hairstyles would exist if all humans grew hair all over their body like dogs or bears?
- Imagine you have shrunk to the smallest size possible and you take an adventure through the human body. What would it be like? What would you see? How would you move from system to system?
- Think about all the ways humans use their bodies to communicate. Body language. Describe as many different ways you can communicate without words as you can.
- What are the best ways to keep your body in top shape?
- If you could give humans a physical ability they currently don’t have, what would it be?
- Are there any unnecessary body parts? Make a list and explain why they aren’t needed.
- Compare and contrast the human body to another animal.
- There are billions of tiny organisms living on your body. Bacteria, archaea, fungi, things like that. Pretend they live lives similar to our own. What would their community be like on the human body?
- Did you know some people can hear colors? Some people can taste sounds. There are all kinds of connections made between senses for people who have Synesthesia. Do you know anyone who has synesthesia? What do you think life would be like if you could smell numbers?
- Some people and animals are color blind, but did you know some animals can see more colors on the spectrum than humans? How much more do you think there would be to see if humans could see colors the way butterflies do? Describe how things might look in your backyard if you were a butterfly.
- Think about the differences in how an athlete uses their body compared to a surgeon. Are there both similarities and differences?
- What would the world be like if no one took a bath.
- Do you have any cool tricks you can do with your body?
- Why is exercise important? Share your thoughts on the topic.
- What are some of the ways humans have adapted to the different conditions they live in around the world?
- What is the most important organ in the human body? Why did you choose this one?
- How is a human body like a robot? How is it different?
- What would life be like if we never stopped growing?
- Should we legally be able to clone the human body? Why or why not?
- How would the human body be different if we lived/originated on the moon instead of Earth?
- If you could reprogram your taste buds how would you change them?
- What’s the grossest thing the human body does? Is it important to body function?
- Design a food the human body could survive on for the rest of it’s life if it only had access to that one food.
- What’s the most impressive thing the human body can do?
- How would the world be different if instead of dying you could just buy a newer model of body when yours wore out?
- If you could adapt the human body to live anywhere, what changes would you make and where would you want us to live?
- What would our bodies be like if we didn’t have bones? Insects don’t have bones. Would we be more like insects or would we find another way to get around?
- List all the ways water is important for the human body.